Monday, July 30, 2018

Make Money With Your Walking

Did you know that you can actually make money while training?  There are two different ways that I have been making money for the past couple of months while on my training walks.

The first is Job Spotter.  Job Spotter is an app for your phone that is affiliated with Indeed.com (the job search website).  Job Spotter is simple.  You simply take pictures of help wanted signs and upload them through the app.  It's very user friendly, and pays varying amounts per help wanted sign based on several factors.  A sign that appears to be permanent, or one that directs you to a website to apply, is not going to pay as much as a hand made sign in a store front that says to speak with the manager inside.  You can make as much as 80 cents to $1.00 for these types of signs with the more permanent/big chain type signs paying around 20 cents to 50 cents.

It's amazing just how many help wanted signs you can see while on a long walk.  And it's a quick stop to just open the app, snap the pictures, upload, and be on your way.  I've made as much as $3 to $5 on walks sometimes. 

Now, they don't pay in actual cash though.  However, they pay in an Amazon gift card that you can redeem at any time.  Since beginning in late May, I've redeemed one gift card for over $31.  I currently have another one building that is up over $20 right now.  I redeemed my $31 for a new insulated Nathan hand-held water bottle.  I am researching different walking books right now that I am going to get with my next gift card.  It's a great way to help support our favorite pastime. 

The second way to earn money while walking is the with the Dicks Sporting Goods app.  You can sync the app with your fitness tracker (Garmin, Fitbit, Apple watch, etc.), and Dicks will reward you with a $10 gift card after approximately 100 days of reaching 10,000 steps a day.  It doesn't have to be consistent days either.  It continues to track each time you reach your 10,000 steps.  I just recently discovered this app, so I haven't earned by gift card yet, but I will in the next couple of weeks. 

Again, it's not actual cash, but certainly we walkers can find something we would like to have at Dicks!  :) 

If you know of any other apps or companies that reward users for their steps, or if you know of any other ways to earn a little money while walking, please leave a comment below!

In the meantime, keep walking on sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment